Outlook is a Personal Information Manager from Microsoft, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. Primarily an email application, it also includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note-taking, journal, and web browsing.
Outlook allows you to customize the signature that appears at the bottom of each email you send. Every time we send an official or formal email, we are required to append our signatures and a good signature just has a way of making your email look or appear more experienced and very professional.
There are two types of signature change in Outlook namely:
- Signature change in Outlook for Desktop
- Signature change in Outlook for Mobile devices.
How to change signature in Outlook for Desktop
If you don’t want to keep creating a new signature every time you write a new email you’d need to create a signature that would appear automatically at the bottom of your emails.
This signature will be created and saved in a part of outlook that helps the signature to be automatically applied at the end of any and every email you write. The following are the steps used to change signature in Outlook for desktop:
- Step 1. Go to the Outlook application on your laptops or computers. You’ll see a menu, select “File”.
- Step 2. When the File opens, click on options.
- Step 3. When the options open, click on Mail from the bar.
- Step 4. On the Mail page, click on the Signature option to open the signature configuration window.
- Step 5. When in the Signature window, click on New. This is where the new signature will be created. You could create more than one signature. Maybe you could use one for professional and business purposes and the other for personal purposes.
- Step 6. The edit window allows you to create your signature, anyhow you want. With any font. It even allows you to import images.
- Step 7. There is an option “Choose default signature”. You can use this section to select whether the signature will be used for new emails.
How to change signature in Outlook for mobile devices .
- Step 1. Go to the outlook app on your phone, open the menu icon on the top of your screen.
- Step 2. You’ll see the gear icon, open it and it will lead you to the settings)
- Step 3. Now that you are in the settings, go down to the Mail Section and tap Signature.
- Step 4. Now that you are in the signature window, create a signature with your keyboard.
NB: The signature for the outlook on mobile devices is only text-based. There is no feature of using different fonts or importing an image.
- Step 5. On the top right corner of your screen, you will see a Checkmark icon, tap it, this saves the signature you created.
Now that your signature has been saved, it will appear at the end of every email you write.
Some people tend to use more than one email account for different purposes. If this is you, you can create different signatures for the different accounts.
The steps are not different from the ones above. Just make sure you are signed into the email account you want to create a signature for.