Getting a new Chromebook is great and could also get you asking questions about how chrome OS works with all their characteristics.
One of the many questions people ask when they purchase the Chromebook is how to copy and paste on it.
Copying and pasting on a Chromebook is just like doing it on other operating system and there are a couple of ways to do it.
Let’s see how to do some basic copy and paste tasks on Chromebook.
How to Copy Images and video
You have to make sure that the source of the Image or Video allows you to copy and paste then go through the following steps:
- Step 1. Hang over the image or video you intend to copy and the right click on it.
- Step 2. If what you intend to copy is an image, the options copy image and copy image address will come up after you have right clicked. The URL is important for certain coding and publishing tasks, but on a general note you would want to copy the image itself if the intention is to transfer the content.
- Step 3. If what you’re copying is a video then when you right click on it you will see options copy video URL and sometimes copy embed code. Choose whichever you prefer or you feel is best for you. The embed code and the URL can both be used to copy a video to another location. If you are going to paste the video in a chat stream the URL is what is needed.
- Step 4. Go to the location you want to paste and put your cursor there and right click again. You’ll see some options including paste, click on it and the image or video will be pasted where you want it. Another way to paste is to go to the location, press Ctrl and V at the same time and the image or video will be pasted.
How to Copy and Paste a Text Selection
- Step 1. Highlight the text you intend to copy. On Chromebook touchpad, press and hold to create a box that will highlight the text you want to copy as you move your finger. It’s better to use a mouse for this action for precision and speed.
- Step 2. To copy the highlighted text press Ctrl C and the texts that were highlighted will be copied.
- Step 3. Go to the location you want to paste on and press Ctrl V the text will be pasted. You could paste more than once because what you copied has been stored to your clipboard.
How to Copy a full Web page
When working and you find out that you will need to copy everything on a webpage, do the following:
- Step 1. Go to a neutral part of the webpage you want to copy and click on it. Make sure that on this neutral part, no other thing is highlighted.
- Step 2. Press Ctrl A and everything on the page will be highlighted.
- Step 3. Press Ctrl C immediately to copy whatever has been highlighted.
This action copies the highlighted and then go to the location of where you want to paste and press Ctrl V. this will paste the copied webpage.