Are you trying to Factory Reset your iphone without the password or have you forgotten your password?
This post will tell you how to do that. Before I tell you how to do that I would like to let you know some vital information which might help you later.
- 1 The various methods to Factory Restore your iPhone
There are two types of reset namely:
- Factory Reset
- Soft Reset
The differences between them are:
Factory Reset is slower while Soft Reset is very fast (in less than 3 to 4 minutes).
Factory Reset has few risks while Soft Reset contains fewer risks than Factory reset.
In Factory Reset there is total loss of phone data and information while in Soft Reset there is little or no loss of data.
In Factory Reset there will be need to reset all the settings of the apps and the whole phone in general while in Soft Reset there will be no need for that.
Factory Reset will require a very careful decision while Soft Reset is quite easy to finish.
Why do a factory reset on iPhone?
So now I’m going to be giving reasons you might want to Factory Reset your iphone:
- Doing a Factory Reset could help in fixing some of the phone’s problems or misbehavior from the phone.
- Before you can restore data from an icloud backup it is necessary to Factory Reset.
- You’re going to need to do a Factory Reset and get rid of all your personal data if you want to sell the phone.
- Forgetting your passcode can also lead to you having to Factory Reset your iphone.
- If the phone is disabled you might need to Factory Reset it.
Now we know all these I just want to add that you might want to back up your data or important information before doing a Factory Reset because a Factory Reset will definitely erase all the data on the phone.
The various methods to Factory Restore your iPhone
1. How to Factory Reset your locked iphone with icloud.
- Step 1. Open your computer browser, go to icloud.com and login with your password and Apple ID.
- Step 2. Click on the “Find My Phone” option and tap “All Devices” located on top of your browser window. The phone that you intend to reset would be listed. Tap on it and click “Erase iphone” this will reset the phone and erase all data and passcode.
Note that this method can only be used if you have previously enabled the “Find My iphone” option in your phone. If not proceed to the other methods in this post.
2. How to Factory Reset your iphone without password via itunes:
Making sure that you have already backed up your data follow the steps below:
- Using a USB cord connect your phone to your computer and launch itunes.
- Click on the “Restore iphone” option.
- From the dialogue box of itunes, click on “Restore”.
- Go to the iphone software update and click “Next”.
- After that click “Agree” to accept the terms and continue.
- Wait while itunes downloads iOS and Factory Resets your phone.
Note that this method works only for those that have synced their iphone using itunes.
3. How to Factory Reset your iphone without itunes through settings
Some people want to erase all the data on their phone but don’t want to use itunes because it can be complex sometimes. Here’s how to do it through settings.
- Go to the iphone settings app.
- Click on General.
- Click on Reset.
- Click on Erase all contents and settings.
This process resets your iphone. After this, if you have backup on icloud, you can restore your backup from icloud.