Good health is a priority of every reasonable man. As such, he does not only seek to understand his health, but he also develops the best means to improve and maintain it. Probably you have heard about Keto Diet, but you are not sure what the whole idea is all about.
Of course, everyone must not know everything at the same time; we work and grow at different paces, and that is why you might not really be informed about the Keto diet. But do not worry; this article will enlighten you more about it.
What is Keto Diet?
Keto diet is the short form of the ketogenic diet. It is simply a high-fat, low-carbohydrate, and adequate protein diet used to improve health. Therefore if you are on a keto diet, you will have to reduce your intake of protein, while you increase your diet’s fat content.
We can get a better insight into why this diet is called a Keto Diet if we analyze it scientifically. The fats you consume in the keto diet are converted in the liver into what is called ketone bodies.
These ketone bodies serve as body fuel when the body is short of glucose or sugar. So since you are taking fewer carbohydrates (which is the major supplier of glucose to the body), the ketone bodies would come to supply the body the energy it needs.
What Does the Keto Diet Menu Look Like?
The Keto diet is made up of foods that will give you more supply of fats, less carbohydrate, and adequate protein. So the menu would look fat-friendly.
Foods You Can Eat Under Keto Diet
- Full-fat cheese
- Full-fat dairy
- Poultry meat: chicken and turkey
- Meat like pork, grass-fed beef, bison and other fat-rich meats
- Vegetables like tomatoes, okra, broccoli, and pepper.
- Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil.
- Unsweetened coffee
Foods You Must Avoid While on Keto Diet
- Beans and legumes
- Cassava products
- Bread and baked foods
- Grains and grain products
- Noodles and spaghetti
- Sweetened carbonated drinks.
- Drinks like beer and sugary drinks
The Health Benefits of Keto Diet
Keto diet is basically used to handle medical issues, as there are many health benefits that come with it:
- Keto diet can help you lose weight
- It is also used to handle diabetes cases
- It is used to treat epilepsy in children
- Keto diet is also used to treat diseases like cancer, heart attack, Parkinson’s disease, acne among others.
The Negative Effects of Keto Diet
Of course, everything that comes with an advantage must have disadvantages; that is why nothing is 100% efficient.
- Keto diet could cause stunted growth in children
- There is a risk of losing your muscles when you are on a keto diet. Therefore, it might not be good for athletes and other classes of people who might be concerned about their muscles.
[bctt tweet=”Keto diet is a fat-rich diet normally used to lose weight and take care of other health issues.” username=”Scribermario”]